Spectrum is committed to continuing sustainable development of its business activities by ensuring it meets the needs of clients, legislation, regulation and society in general with the use of responsible business policies, legal compliance, operational systems and accreditations.
Practical measures in progress
• Quality, Safety, Health, Environmental and Ethical Management Systems
• Carbon Footprint reductions with smarter working
• Operational and system design efficiencies
• New product design projects
• Opportunities to improve services to clients.
• Product life-cycle/impact commitment to review products as part of long-term systems
• Productivity and testing methods
• Risk management
• Occupational health and safety within the business activities.
• Ethical policy/employment practices
• Training and development
• Sustainable Operations Code of Practice is a recently issued Company document, which sets out to state our on-going commitments to sustainable development as a company.
With independent verification by Investors in People, LPCB, BSI, BRE and BAFE, and ISO9001:2015 Quality Management Systems, Spectrum designs, manufactures, distributes, installs, services and maintains fire alarm and detection equipment to latest British and European Standards. Our portfolio also includes: Emergency Lighting, PA/VA, Sprinkler and Water Mist systems, Gas extinguishing systems, Pre-action & Deluge systems.
We endeavour to offer a first-class client service, system design, installation, servicing and maintenance. We have long-established ISO9001 systems.
The Quality system continues to be developed through several recognised quality schemes including: LPS1048, BAFE SP101 & SP203, LPS 1204 and Investors In People.
Wherever possible Spectrum procure materials, parts and components from ethical and sustainable sources.
We work to the basic rule of ethical business conduct and as such, are committed to high ethical standards in our business dealings to ensure the integrity of our employees and our organisation is maintained at all times.
Business continuity processes are in place, which analyse major risks to the business. These are categorised in priority and relevant mitigation measures are put in place. These are subject to continual review.